Thursday, December 24, 2009

God Loves Each One Of Us

But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.
-2 Nephi 1:15
No one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us- insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn't measure our talents or out looks; He doesn't measure our professions or our possessions. he cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone, "robes... made... white in the blood of the Lamb.
-Jeffrey R. Holland

I can truly testify that God loves each and everyone of us. I always said that and could understand from all the gifts he has given me, and from everyone else's stories. Like two weeks ago, I was driving home from work, and I had been paid more than what I had expected. I was very thrilled, and shocked. As I was waiting at the red light, I was overcome by this overwhelming feeling of love. I was at first confused, and then ecstatic, to think that I could ever even be capable of such emotion! Such love! I was overcome by the sentence "I love you" and for me, someone who had been pondering what love felt like. How do I know I love someone? How do I know that someone loves me? I realized this was it, to be able to be given the chance to even feel something like this, even just part way for someone, for more than just the brief moment of time that I had in the car, would be enough for a lifetime. Enough for more than one lifetime, and then to realize I could feel God's love everyday for the rest of eternity if I just let him, then I could be happy for the rest of eternity. Working towards the goal of being worthy enough to feel that love everyday and feel that love for someone else eventually is something I am striving to do, and that we should all strive to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment